Last Updated on
I’m excited to be at Ball State University and the Music for All Summer Symposium for the third year as a faculty member of the Middle School Band Directors Track. I will be posting the materials from all of my sessions at MusTech.Net.
This year my sessions focus on:
- Google Docs (Forms and Data)
- YouTube Channels
- iPad Apps for Music
- Two-track Recordings
- Social Media
- Websites (Wix)
I’ll add the sessions note posts at the end of every day in this post.
Session I Links:
Padlet Link from the session (/w) discussion items:
http://padlet.com/jpisano/m4all2014 (Wall disabled for add-ons)
Session II Links:
iPad/iPhone applications for Music Education and Band & Ensemble Directors
- A.P.S. MusicMaster ((All in one tool music for directors and student-iphone) $1.99
- A.P.S. MusicMaster Pro (All in one tool music for directors and students) $4.99
- A.P.S. Stopwatch (Stopwatch with time list export) FREE
- A.P.S. Tuner (Nice LARGE chromatic tuner) FREE
- A.P.S. Tuning Trainer (Learn to tune your instrument or anything) $2.99
- Audio Tool (dB meter, tone generator, and more) $1.99
- Coach’s Eye (Markup your video and watch in stop and slow motion) $4.99
- Decibel 10th (Decibel Meter with Oscilloscope) FREE
- Dropbox (Access your Dropbox via mobile) FREE
- Film Scoring Tempo Finder (Great SMPTE – MIDI App!) $9.99
- Fundamentals (Jazz Fudamentals) $4.99
- Guidebook (Conference app for schedules, etc.) FREE
- History of Jazz (Video/Content app for Jazz – a little dated now) $9.99
- iCScores (Access 250,000+ public domain charts) $2.99
- Impaktor (Drum synthesizer app) $4.99
- NotateMe Now (Free, single-staff, version of NotateMe) FREE
- NotateMe (Full Version of NotateMe Now) $39.99
- Octave RTA (Reat Real Time Anaylzer) $4.99
- OMGuitar (Fantastic guitar electronic intrument app) $2.99
- Portastudio (Multi-track digital audio recorder) $2.99
- Photon (Flash-based Web Browser) $4.99
- Pro Keys (Amazing little two-manual keyboard app) $.99
- ReadRhythm (Sight Reading app/percussion-based) $2.99
- Remote (Remote for the Apple Tv) FREE
- Scales Lexicon (Learn scales and hear them) $6.99
- ScoreCloud Express (Sing or hum in your music and turn it into notation) FREE
- Session Band (Create chords for backgrounds) $2.99
- Songsterr (View and play guitar chords/tabs)
- SoundHound (Recognizes music playing around you) FREE
- Spotify (Premium/Radio version of Spotify.com) FREE
- StoryBots (Elementary, but cool note/audio app) FREE
- Tempo (Advanced Metronome) $1.99
- Tenuto (Ear Training) $3.99
- Tonal Energy Tuner (Advanced Tuner) $3.99
- Do Re Mi Voice Training (Graph your voice/instrument) $9.99
MusicFirst Products: http://musicfirst.com (Online, Cloud-Based, Music Education Software)
Session III Links:
- Two Track Recording Session PDF
- Copyright Session PDF
Session IV Links:
Sessions Handout (PDF):
Joseph M. Pisano, Ph.D., is an industry innovator, educator, clinician and lecturer, trumpeter and conductor, and the creator of many music and education websites. He is currently the Vice President of Innovation and Engagement at Keystone Ridge Designs, Inc. After twenty-three years as a professor and administrator in higher education, he made the move into industry in 2018.
As one of the youngest full professors in Grove City’s history, he served in many capacities during his tenure including Professor of music, Director of Music and Fine Arts Technology, Technical Director of the Pew Fine Arts Center, Associate/Assistant Chair of Music and Fine Arts, Director of Jazz Studies.
He finished his tenure at the college as the Director of Bands, where he directed the college’s Symphonic Concert Band, Wind Ensemble, Marching Band, Pep Band, and various smaller ensembles. He continues to guest direct bands, consult with music programs, and adjudicate ensembles and programs today.
He has been named a TI:ME Teacher of the Year, received the JEN Jazz Educator Award, the PA Citation of Excellence, and named a “member for life” of the PA Intercollegiate Bandmasters Association. He is a past Vice President of the Technology Institute for Music Educators, an associate member of the American Bandmasters Association, a past President of the PA Intercollegiate Bandmasters Association, and a member of various education and music honoraries.
He has written for numerous publications including DCI Magazine, Teaching Music Magazine, SBO, and was the Educational Editor for In-Tune Monthly Magazine for eight years; he has contributed hundreds of articles to various publications.
He is an active conductor, trumpeter, clinician, and educator. Find out more at his website: jpisano.com.