Last Updated on
The Degree360 group has created a list of the Most Influential Music Professors on Twitter and I (@pisanojm) am very excited to be listed along with the other selected professors on this prestigious list. I’ve listed the professors here and have also created a LIST on Twitter that you may use to follow them all.
Related Online Resources:
- Top Most Influential Music Professors on Twitter List – Posted at the Degree360
- Top Music Profs Twitter List – Twitter list containing all of these Music Professors
- @ProfessorFox, Zak Fox Jablow, Professor of Music Business, Columbia University.
- @mikejjohnson, Michael Johnson, Associate Professor, Berklee College of Music.
- @TomoJustFunky, Tomo Fujita, Professor, Berklee College of Music.
- @susancattaneo, Susan Cattaneo, Songwriting professor at Berklee College of Music.
- @KristinKuster, Kristin Kuster, Assistant Professor of Composition, University of Michigan.
- @dasmooke, David Smooke, Composer of Experimental Music, Peabody.
- @DJ_Moderne, Ken Ueno, Associate Professor of Music, UC Berkeley.
- @eeleach, Elizabeth Eva Leach, Professor of Music, Oxford.
- @gewang, Ge Wang, Assistant Professor of Music, Stanford University.
- @christianhowes, Christian Howes, Associate Professor of Music, Berklee College of Music.
- @cnycafemomus, David Abrams, Professor of Music, Onondaga Community College.
- @pisanojm, Joseph Pisano, Professor of Music, Grove City College.
- @BlakeRHenson, Blake R. Henson, Assistant Professor of Music Theory/History/Composition, St. Norbert College.
- @robdeemer, Rob Deemer, Professor of Composition, SUNY, Fredonia.
- @johndaversa, John Daversa, Professor of Music, California State University, Northridge.
- @usmusicscholar, Mark Clague, Professor of Musicology, University of Michigan.
- @luisalfonsobes, Luis Alfonso Bes, Music critic for The Herald in Spain.
- @abaumgardner, Astrid Baumgardner, Coordinator of Career Strategies and Lecturer on Careers in Music, Yale School of Music.
- @PunkProfessor, Vivien Goldman, Professor of Punk and Reggae, NYU.
- @tburritt, Thomas Burritt, Associate Professor of Music, The Butler School of Music, University of Texas at Austin.
- @sdbeck, Stephen David Beck, Professor of Experimental Music & Digital Media, LSU.
- @jdelcolliano, Jerry Del Colliano, Clinical Professor of Music Industry, University of Southern California.
- @MusicalTravel, David Nelson, Professor of Music, University of North Carolina at Greensboro.
- @CBCarey, Christian Carey, Assistant Professor of Music, Rider University.
- @DSmithMusic, Darius Smith, Assistant Professor of Musical Theatre, Howard University.
- @chloeveltman, Chloe Veltman, Journalist and producer/host of VoiceBox.
- @EricWhitacre, Eric Whitacre, Composer in Residence at Sidney Sussex College, Cambridge University.
- @golan, Golan Levin, Director of the STUDIO for Creative Inquiry at Carnegie Mellon University.
- @masonbates, Mason Bates, Composer-in-Residence with the Chicago Symphony.
- @richardehaynes, Richard Haynes, Clarinetist with ELISION, Germany.
- @MC_Conductor, Michael Christie, Music Director of the Brooklyn Philharmonic.
- @jadashi, Judah Adashi, Composer, Faculty at Peabody Institute of the Johns Hopkins University.
- @JeffRabhan, Jeff Rabhan, Chair of the Clive Davis Institute of Recorded Music at New York University’s Tisch School of the Arts.
- @etobias_musiced, Evan Tobias, Assistant Professor of Music Education, Arizona State University School of Music.
- @StephenWebberr, Stephen Webber, Professor, Berklee College of Music.
- @ptpattison, Pat Pattison, Professor of Lyric Writing and Poetry, Berklee College of Music.
- @kgoldschmitt, Kariann Goldschmitt, Visiting Assistant Professor of Music, New College of Florida.
- @BillCorvino, Bill Corvino, Adjunct Professor of Music, Mercer County Community College.
- @jsinkovich, Justin Sinkovich, Assistant Professor, Columbia College, Chicago.
- @profblmkelley, Blair LM Kelley, Assistant Professor, North Carolina State University
- @LaszloGardony, Laszlo Gardony, Professor, Berklee College of Music.
- @woodwindninja, Bret Pimentel, Professor, Delta State University.
- @lennystallworth, Lenny Stallworth, Professor, Berklee College of Music.
- @leadtromba, Chris Magee, Assistant Professor of Music, Northeast Lakeview College.
- @BerkmanPIANO, David Berkman, Professor of Jazz Studies, Queens College.
- @DuaneAMoody, Duane Moody, Associate Professor of Voice, Berklee College of Music.
- @MWhalenMusic, Michael Whalen, Composer, NYU.
- @jennifergrim, Jennifer Grim, Assistant Professor, The University of Nevada, Las Vegas.
- @drkent, Kent Gustavson, Adjunct Professor, Stony Brook University.
- @MontyCraigMusic, Monty Craig, Professor of Jazz Guitar, Clemson University.
Enjoy and happy Tweeting!
Joseph M. Pisano, Ph.D. is an industry innovator, education clinician and lecturer, trumpeter and conductor, and the creator of many education websites. He is currently the Vice President of Innovation and Engagement at Keystone Ridge Designs, Inc. After twenty-three years as a professor and administrator at Grove City College, he made the move into industry in 2018. As one of the youngest full professors in Grove City’s history, he served in various roles over his tenure including the Technical Director of the Pew Fine Arts Center, Assistant and Associate Chairs of Music and Music and Fine Arts, Director of Music and Fine Arts Technology, Director of Jazz Studies, Stage Manager, and he finished his tenure as the Director of Bands where he directed the college’s Symphonic Concert Band, Wind Ensemble, Marching Band, Pep Bands, and various small ensembles.
He been named a TI:ME Teacher of the Year, received the JEN Jazz Educator Award, the PA Citation of Excellence, and named a “member for life” of the PA Intercollegiate Bandmasters Association. He is a past Vice President of the Technology Institute for Music Educators, an associate member of the American Bandmasters Association, a past President of the PA Intercollegiate Bandmasters Association, and a member of various education and music honoraries. He has written for numerous publications including DCI Magazine, Teaching Music Magazine, and was the Educational Editor for In-Tune Monthly Magazine for eight years; he has contributed hundreds of articles to various publications. He is an active conductor, trumpeter, clinician, and educator. Find out more at his website jpisano.com.
#biography #bio #josephmpisano #josephpisano #musiced #musiceducation #industryleader