Last Updated on
The following is the presentation is from my TI:ME/JEN clinic on Friday, January 6th, 2012 held at the Galt House in Lousiville, KY. The presentation was titled iPad Apps for Music Performance. A complete list of apps that I demoed (and some that I didn’t have time to demo) are found at the bottom of this post underneath the presentation itself.
There are many additional posts on MusTech.Net about iPads and iPad apps… perform a search on this site and you will find them.
I would be very remiss to write and not highlight two of the apps that I have developed myself for iPad and iPhone in this post. They are wonderful apps for any musician, put particularly useful for educators and ensemble participants (click the links directly below to find them on the Apple Store):
iPad Apps Discussed in the session (and many not discussed “LIVE” due to time…):
(30 of the finest iPad apps for Music Performers)
- A.P.S. MusicMaster Pro – All-in-one-tool for music performers/students ($12.99 U.S.)
- App for Google Music HD – iPad app to access all of your Google Music ($0.99 U.S.)
- Air Scracth HD – Dual pickup deck music mixer ($2.99 U.S.)
- Amazing Slow Downer ASD – Transcription tool for musicians ($14.99 U.S.)
- Animoog – Polyphonic synth ($9.99 U.S.)
- AmpliTube – Multi-effect processor (FREE or $19.99 U.S.)
- Audio Tool – Decibel meter/Tone Generator/Microphone ($1.99 U.S.)
- Chordica XL – Bass + Chord Player (FREE)
- Decibel 10 – Sound Meter (FREE)
- Filtatron – Real-time audio effects suite (4.99 U.S.)
- GarageBand – Recording Studio/Instruments ($4.99 U.S.)
- Hokusai -Audio Editor (FREE)
- iReal b – Chord Player ($7.99 U.S.)
- iRig MIDI – Interface and MIDI Recorder/Player ($69.95 U.S.)
- KORG iElectribe – Sound Creation/Instrument ($19.99 U.S.)
- KORG iMS-20 – MS-20 Synth on iPad ($32.99)
- Loopseque (Thanks Richard McCready!) – Loop Creator ($6.99 U.S.)
- Loopseque Kids – Loop Creator for Kids ($1.99 U.S.)
- Overdub – Layred recorder/multi-track (FREE)
- Pocket WavePad – Audio Editor (FREE)
- Pro Keys – (Thanks Dr. Lochstampfor) Piano/Synth/Pads Player – ($2.99 U.S.)
- Progression Free – Guitar Tab Editor (FREE)
- Ratatap Drums – Realistic drum-kit app ($1.99 U.S.)
- MIDI Touch – MIDI controller ($19.99 U.S.)
- MuseScore Sheet Music Viewer – Thousands of Scores from MuseScore.com – ($1.99 U.S.)
- Sheet Music Direct for iPad – buy/play/use 100,000+ Scores (FREE)
- ReBirth for iPad – Multi drum machine/FX/and Bass synths ($6.99 U.S.)
- Songsterr+ Guitar Tab viewer/player 300,000+ tabs ($4.99 U.S.)
- SoniqViewer -Waveform/Spectrum visualizer ($0.99 U.S.)
- Tempo – Extremely Versatile Metronome ($1.99 U.S.)
Please use the comments section below to add your favorite iPad apps for peforming musicians!
Joseph M. Pisano, Ph.D. is an industry innovator, education clinician and lecturer, trumpeter and conductor, and the creator of many education websites. He is currently the Vice President of Innovation and Engagement at Keystone Ridge Designs, Inc. After twenty-three years as a professor and administrator at Grove City College, he made the move into industry in 2018. As one of the youngest full professors in Grove City’s history, he served in various roles over his tenure including the Technical Director of the Pew Fine Arts Center, Assistant and Associate Chairs of Music and Music and Fine Arts, Director of Music and Fine Arts Technology, Director of Jazz Studies, Stage Manager, and he finished his tenure as the Director of Bands where he directed the college’s Symphonic Concert Band, Wind Ensemble, Marching Band, Pep Bands, and various small ensembles.
He been named a TI:ME Teacher of the Year, received the JEN Jazz Educator Award, the PA Citation of Excellence, and named a “member for life” of the PA Intercollegiate Bandmasters Association. He is a past Vice President of the Technology Institute for Music Educators, an associate member of the American Bandmasters Association, a past President of the PA Intercollegiate Bandmasters Association, and a member of various education and music honoraries. He has written for numerous publications including DCI Magazine, Teaching Music Magazine, and was the Educational Editor for In-Tune Monthly Magazine for eight years; he has contributed hundreds of articles to various publications. He is an active conductor, trumpeter, clinician, and educator. Find out more at his website jpisano.com.
#biography #bio #josephmpisano #josephpisano #musiced #musiceducation #industryleader