Last Updated on
Well, my schedule is finally clearing up and I have a “breather”, so I have a spare minute to post about some of the cool things that I will be doing over the summer that you all can be a part of too! There are three events that I will be teaching at or providing formal instruction with this summer that I’ve posted below – I invite you all to consider signing-up and joining me!
1. Online Music Technology Summer Graduate Course via Valley Forge Christian College:
- Online Course: Internet Authoring (TI:ME 2B equivalent)
- July 5th-9th (Tuesday-Saturday)
- Take it from anywhere in the world and get accredited Graduate Level Credit
- I’ve authored some of the most current and most exciting Educational Websites in the world! Learn my secrets and learn how you can do this too!
- Collaborative Documents, Wikis, media-rich Websites and blogs, and cool Web 2.0 tools!
- Prior knowledge of HTML not required
- Find out more information and Sign up here: Register now for the online Graduate Course starting on July 5th.
2. SmartMusic Clinic at my home in Grove City at the college
- On Campus Workshop/Event to learn SMART MUSIC at Grove City College in Grove City, PA!
- June 29th 9-4 PM Eastern Time
- Come and see my ridiculously cool computer lab that we use as part of our Music programs at Grove City College
- While I’ll be onsite and helping, you will learn directly from the SmartMusic Master himself: Dave Hawley
- Find out more and Sign up here: Register Now for the Smart Music Workshop on June 29th.
3. SoundTREE Summer Music Technology Workshop (Update: Sorry SOLD OUT -WOW!)
- SoundTree at MENC Headquarters in Reston, VA!
- July 18th – July 22nd
- Graduate level credit offered!
- I will be demonstrating and teaching the Finale Composition product as well as various music technology related materials
- A “Who’s Who” of Music Education Experts with SERIOUS Technology “Chops”: Me, Dr. Jim Frankel, Robin Hodson, Amy Burns, and Richard McCready!
- Find our more and Sign up here:
Register Now for the SoundTree Sumer Technology Workshop
I hope to join up with some of you this summer! Please let me know if you have any questions in the comment section below or via the contact form.
Joseph M. Pisano, Ph.D. is an industry innovator, education clinician and lecturer, trumpeter and conductor, and the creator of many education websites. He is currently the Vice President of Innovation and Engagement at Keystone Ridge Designs, Inc. After twenty-three years as a professor and administrator at Grove City College, he made the move into industry in 2018. As one of the youngest full professors in Grove City’s history, he served in various roles over his tenure including the Technical Director of the Pew Fine Arts Center, Assistant and Associate Chairs of Music and Music and Fine Arts, Director of Music and Fine Arts Technology, Director of Jazz Studies, Stage Manager, and he finished his tenure as the Director of Bands where he directed the college’s Symphonic Concert Band, Wind Ensemble, Marching Band, Pep Bands, and various small ensembles.
He been named a TI:ME Teacher of the Year, received the JEN Jazz Educator Award, the PA Citation of Excellence, and named a “member for life” of the PA Intercollegiate Bandmasters Association. He is a past Vice President of the Technology Institute for Music Educators, an associate member of the American Bandmasters Association, a past President of the PA Intercollegiate Bandmasters Association, and a member of various education and music honoraries. He has written for numerous publications including DCI Magazine, Teaching Music Magazine, and was the Educational Editor for In-Tune Monthly Magazine for eight years; he has contributed hundreds of articles to various publications. He is an active conductor, trumpeter, clinician, and educator. Find out more at his website jpisano.com.
#biography #bio #josephmpisano #josephpisano #musiced #musiceducation #industryleader