Last Updated on
The following is a list of upcoming events that I will be attending, performing, or presenting clinics. If you are attending any of these events/sessions please let me know -I would love to meet up with you or have the chance to talk with you.
- 2nd – SoundTree Webinar: The Music Professional learning Network
- 9th – 1PM ~ Homecoming at Grove City featuring the Wolverine Marching Band!
- METOS, Music Ed. & Tech. Online Summit: Private/Professional Learning Networks for Mus. Ed. and Online Professional Development
- 4th – 8:30 p.m. Guest Directing Mercer County Jr. High School Honors Band
- 18th – 6 p.m. Guest Directing Clarion County High School Honors Band
- 10th GC Jazz and Stage Concert 8:00 p.m. Pew Fine Arts Center
Information: http://gcc.edu TBA
- 15th-18th – TBA ~ 2010 MidWest Clinic: Great Two Track Recordings – A Low Cost Solution Using a Hand-held Digital Recorder and Open-Source Software
- 20-22nd – Michigan Music Conference
20th – 4PM ~ 21stc Century Skills and Music Education – The New Relevance of Music Teachers (KEYNOTE)
21st – 9AM – Navigating Cyberspace with Noteflight
22nd – 10AM – WordPress, Professional Learning Networks and Web 2.0 for Music Educators
- 26th-28th – OMEA/TI:ME Conference
TBA – Podcasting for Public Relations, Information Exchange, and the Classroom
TBA – Professional Learning Networks and Professional Development without Boundaries
- 11th – 8PM – GC Symphonic Concert Band Pew Fine Arts Center
- 14th-16th – PMEA Conference ~ Will be hosting the GC booth and Alumni Events
- 29th 8PM -GC Symphonic Band Concert
- 20th – 1:30 p.m. – GC Jazz Band and Stage Band in Concert
There are a number of more local and regional events that I will be adding to the Press Timeline on MusTech.Net throughout the year. You can always check this here: View All Events
Joseph M. Pisano, Ph.D., is an industry innovator, educator, clinician and lecturer, trumpeter and conductor, and the creator of many music and education websites. He is currently the Vice President of Innovation and Engagement at Keystone Ridge Designs, Inc. After twenty-three years as a professor and administrator in higher education, he made the move into industry in 2018.
As one of the youngest full professors in Grove City’s history, he served in many capacities during his tenure including Professor of music, Director of Music and Fine Arts Technology, Technical Director of the Pew Fine Arts Center, Associate/Assistant Chair of Music and Fine Arts, Director of Jazz Studies.
He finished his tenure at the college as the Director of Bands, where he directed the college’s Symphonic Concert Band, Wind Ensemble, Marching Band, Pep Band, and various smaller ensembles. He continues to guest direct bands, consult with music programs, and adjudicate ensembles and programs today.
He has been named a TI:ME Teacher of the Year, received the JEN Jazz Educator Award, the PA Citation of Excellence, and named a “member for life” of the PA Intercollegiate Bandmasters Association. He is a past Vice President of the Technology Institute for Music Educators, an associate member of the American Bandmasters Association, a past President of the PA Intercollegiate Bandmasters Association, and a member of various education and music honoraries.
He has written for numerous publications including DCI Magazine, Teaching Music Magazine, SBO, and was the Educational Editor for In-Tune Monthly Magazine for eight years; he has contributed hundreds of articles to various publications.
He is an active conductor, trumpeter, clinician, and educator. Find out more at his website: jpisano.com.