- Just responded to: Boosters http://musicpln.org/wo4H1ad #
- #musedchat Topic:What strategies work best for nurturing & extending Gifted & Talented students in our Music Education? 2night: 8P EDT #
- #musedchat Mod: @andrewritenour Topic:What strategies work best for nurturing & extending Gifted & Talented students in our Music Education? #
- Hey in case you missed the Monday Morning Music Mix Started today again at https://mustech.net ! Check it out! #musedchat #mpln #
- #musedchat @pisanojm and @zweibz7 unable to moderate 2night… @thomasjwest or @musedtech CanUmoderate? If not, Step-Up Volunteer! :) #
- #musedchat Topic: What strategies work best for nurturing and extending Gifted and Talented students in our Music Education? #
- Got a message from @zweibz7 today…looks like some confusion with #musedchat tonight. Will be at 8PM EDT…more information 2come nxt twt. #
- Please spread the word: Music Education Teachers -Please join our PLN at MusicPLN.org #mpln #music #teaching #education #musedchat #
- Music Education PLN over 600 tomorrow? Probably! Join/Learn/Contribute/Share today! MusicPLN.org #music #musiced #mused #musedchat #mpln #
- RT @jimfrankel: Copyright & licensing issues strike local youth summer theater company: http://bit.ly/bhNuDz. #musedchat #mpln #edchat #
- Monday Music Mix is Finished: Will be up at 00:01 EDT. Great stuff and information about the Blog Carnival! #mpln #music #mpln #musedchat #
- Lot's 2do2night! MusicPLN.org almost at 600! Pass the word. Monday Morning Mix back active 2night at MusTech.Net! #musedchat #mpln #
- Music Teachers Prepare for the year by Joining MUSICPLN.org today! It's FREE! Professional Learning Network for #mused #music #arts #
- Possible Update on the MPLN tomorrow night…. We'll see… busy weekend. #
- Just responded to: Charter School needs Advocacy Tips http://musicpln.org/6k9FMsc #
Joseph M. Pisano, Ph.D., is an industry innovator, educator, clinician and lecturer, trumpeter and conductor, and the creator of many music and education websites. He is currently the Vice President of Innovation and Engagement at Keystone Ridge Designs, Inc. After twenty-three years as a professor and administrator in higher education, he made the move into industry in 2018.
As one of the youngest full professors in Grove City’s history, he served in many capacities during his tenure including Professor of music, Director of Music and Fine Arts Technology, Technical Director of the Pew Fine Arts Center, Associate/Assistant Chair of Music and Fine Arts, Director of Jazz Studies.
He finished his tenure at the college as the Director of Bands, where he directed the college’s Symphonic Concert Band, Wind Ensemble, Marching Band, Pep Band, and various smaller ensembles. He continues to guest direct bands, consult with music programs, and adjudicate ensembles and programs today.
He has been named a TI:ME Teacher of the Year, received the JEN Jazz Educator Award, the PA Citation of Excellence, and named a “member for life” of the PA Intercollegiate Bandmasters Association. He is a past Vice President of the Technology Institute for Music Educators, an associate member of the American Bandmasters Association, a past President of the PA Intercollegiate Bandmasters Association, and a member of various education and music honoraries.
He has written for numerous publications including DCI Magazine, Teaching Music Magazine, SBO, and was the Educational Editor for In-Tune Monthly Magazine for eight years; he has contributed hundreds of articles to various publications.
He is an active conductor, trumpeter, clinician, and educator. Find out more at his website: jpisano.com.