Last Updated on
- RT @MusicEdConsult: #MusicEd R U waiting 2 find out more about the MusicPLN? Check out new preview images while u wait: http://musicpln.org #
- I'm exited to have been listed today on 100 Official Twitter lists! Very cool and humbling! #
- Had a great voice conversation with @advance_musiced -She has great ideas about where MENC is going! :) #
- So I got my Korg Wave Drum from @SoundTree Today!!! Have had Zero time to play it… will have to hold off for another day! #notenoughtime #
- At the Pirates/Sox game… up above 3rd base in a box section…great view of game & the Burgh! #
- RT @MusicEdConsult: News2Use: Music students, advocates rally on Capitol Hill in support of #MusicEd http://tinyurl.com/24qnnmg #
- Looking at Integrating this site as Prof. Development (LMS) with the Musicpln.org: http://bit.ly/aKKxeW #edchat #musedchat Very cool… #
- RT @Zweibz7: Transcript from last night's #MusEdChat is up! Check it out, and share it with your friends :) http://bit.ly/b0U30p #
- I saw a number of you 2day on the MusicPln.Org site! I just sent out a LT e-mail check your IN Boxes! #mpln #
- Slowly but surely Twitter crawls back from the "dead" today…. http://bit.ly/cINuKU #
- RT @markgammon: How the World Is Spending Its Time Online [STATS]: http://bit.ly/adV6tm /via Mashable #
- I am so GEEKED about the timeline integration of all the MusicEdNews. Posts on MusicPln.org!! and the TINYchat inegration and.. and.. :) #
- Twitter "Failed Enhancment of their Timeline"… Can't be too happy about that! :) http://bit.ly/c6mqNW #
- Anyone here from the MPLN Launch Team? Please log on… trying new chat function on the site…. THX. #
- RT @MusicEdTech: Hold your hats! Hide the children! I'll be moderating #musedchat tonight. Will @thomasjwest be moderating with me? #
- Ok 3 of 4 major things to finish done… 1 more before the end of the night! Maybe I'll get some sleep after all! #busierthanyoucanimagine #
- RT @katiesw1: Call for presentations is now open. Submissions invited from Aus and international tchrs http://tinyurl.com/2d3n8mt #
- For those of you "not in the know", you can track TWITTER outages directly from twitter here: http://bit.ly/cINuKU #edchat #musedchat #
- Wow am I behind on pointing out great posts… Check out this one from Jim Frankel (Web 2.0 is Worldwide. Are you?: http://bit.ly/cXIZuS #
- #musedchat Topic 2morrow: What have you learned in your teaching exp. that you didn't learn in school? 8PMEDT/12GMT #musiced #mpln #
- If you were selected for a BETA Invite you will know in the next 2days… Thank you all for the overwhelming response! #musedchat #mpln #
- #musiced #musedchat #mpln I will be posting on MusTech.Net 2night, but no more BETA requests will be taken! We are full already! #
- Despite my SPF records, I've been getting e-mail spoofed by non-existing accounts of my "own" domain 2day… #emailspooferssuck #
- Arghhh… have four very different things to finish tonight of = importance -Ok, one at a time….#1 start now! #busierthanyoucanimagine #
- MusicPLN Launch Team I just sent you all an e-mail—Check your e-mail when you get a chance… Exciting news and information! #mpln #
- RT @katiesw1: New blog post MuseScore tutorial video pt 6: adding instruments, articulation and bars http://musictechtips.com/ #
- RT @Zweibz7: Just a few hours left to vote in this week's #MusEdChat poll! Have you voted yet? http://twtpoll.com/n51qiu #
- Wow, knock on wood, I think we are going to be ready for the BETA of the MusicPLN on time! http://bit.ly/cnPl6Y #mpln #musedchat #
- Been working on the Musicpln.org site… made some big back-end changes today.. still kicking bugs out, @musicedtech is talking prizes… #
- Working on a couple of major things today… One being an update to the Music Ed Twitter list… Nominations from you all for me to check? #
Joseph M. Pisano, Ph.D., is an industry innovator, educator, clinician and lecturer, trumpeter and conductor, and the creator of many music and education websites. He is currently the Vice President of Innovation and Engagement at Keystone Ridge Designs, Inc. After twenty-three years as a professor and administrator in higher education, he made the move into industry in 2018.
As one of the youngest full professors in Grove City’s history, he served in many capacities during his tenure including Professor of music, Director of Music and Fine Arts Technology, Technical Director of the Pew Fine Arts Center, Associate/Assistant Chair of Music and Fine Arts, Director of Jazz Studies.
He finished his tenure at the college as the Director of Bands, where he directed the college’s Symphonic Concert Band, Wind Ensemble, Marching Band, Pep Band, and various smaller ensembles. He continues to guest direct bands, consult with music programs, and adjudicate ensembles and programs today.
He has been named a TI:ME Teacher of the Year, received the JEN Jazz Educator Award, the PA Citation of Excellence, and named a “member for life” of the PA Intercollegiate Bandmasters Association. He is a past Vice President of the Technology Institute for Music Educators, an associate member of the American Bandmasters Association, a past President of the PA Intercollegiate Bandmasters Association, and a member of various education and music honoraries.
He has written for numerous publications including DCI Magazine, Teaching Music Magazine, SBO, and was the Educational Editor for In-Tune Monthly Magazine for eight years; he has contributed hundreds of articles to various publications.
He is an active conductor, trumpeter, clinician, and educator. Find out more at his website: jpisano.com.