Last Updated on
Dr. Pisano’s Weekly Tweet Digest; Dig-in and find something great!
Please follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/pisanojm and Join or Music, Education, and Technology PLN of Twitter users!
- Mornin’ All, Posted last night about a12 Twitter Apps for Educators, please check it out: http://bit.ly/bJGGku #musedchat #edchat #
- RT @DoremiGirl: rec’s on rubric generators you like! TIA! Rubistar, my FAV…Also Great list here: http://bit.ly/djRLef #
- RT @katiesw1: newsletter is up: Remove vocals from a CDs; Sibelius playback tips; upcoming workshops http://tinyurl.com/lazv9p #musedchat #
- Please view my latest post: 13 Powerful Twitter Apps for Savvy Educators: http://bit.ly/bJGGku #musedchat #edchat #
- Working on my new post at MusTech.Net for tech Savvy Educators… Hope to be done today or early tomorrow. #
- Teachers MUST have input for PD in their subject disciplines, what works for one does not work for others. #edchat #
- Web 2.0/PLNs have established the ability for PD to happen 24/7… How many are not “tuned in” yet to this? #edchat #
- PD must be meaningful to those it is directed at… PD not for the sake of having PD and filling quotas… #edchat #
- RT @GaryBrannigan: Have to go beyond teachers to solve school problems; home and community #edchat #
- How many of you assess the value of your PD sessions? What is done with it afterward? #edchat #
- RT @pysproblem81: #edchat PD sessions should be followed up and returned to, not just 1 hour snoozing sessions…. #
- Educational Reform can exisit alt the national levels, but reality is that it will only succeed if schools have some control locally #edchat #
- Feds need to look at combining PD to include state, county and local needs beyond those of a “global” nature…. #edchat #
- The best Medical Teams are comprised of diverse doctors, PD choices should include input from all sources… #edchat #
- PD can be subject, diversity, assesment, administration, and teaching based..Targeted PD can help with all. #edchat #
- School Boards are usually aware of the admins views…How often are they aware of the teacher’s views and the pub. views? #edchat #
- Teachers need to become a part of the Reform solution by inserting themselves into the process in their schools. #edchat #
- I think PD can go along way to help with the development of subject matter reform by opening conversations between all parties. #edchat #
- Apple’s Arrogance Stokes Android Gains: http://is.gd/c4kvD #edchat #musedchat #
- Just finish the final final… Used Google Docs for a collaborative (3 Person Group) final in Music Technology. Very Successful. #musedchat #
- #TT @DoremiGirl @NeutronGirl @shawdave @justine_robin @thomasjwest @kelshepherd @jimfrankel @MusicEdTech @shirleylacroix @cybraryman1 #
- My biggest PEEVE about transitioning from a Windows 7 computer to a XP one is the in-ability to drag and maximize in one swipe on XP. #
- Final word from me 2night on the chat-Please take the time to invite your colleagues to our chat. Help spread the word about us. #musedchat #
- Discussion going on right now at MusEdChat FB about adding a 2nd timeslot on Tuesday for Euro/Central Asia -Please discuss #musedchat #
- Please take the time to follow/friend the people in this CHAT and make them part of your PLN! #musedchat #
- http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=356249597920 FB URL #musedchat #
- Please remember to visit our new FB page and join!
- Better late than never.! :)
- Sorry, I wished I could have been here more… just finished final. #musedchat #
- Lastly, make sure you actually DO want to send your TWEETS to FB or LinkedIN, etc. Consider shutting them off for the chat. #musedchat #
- Consider announcing your TWEETS will be for the CHAT for the NEXT hour to your TWT peeps prior to the chat. #musedchat #
- Don’t forget if you have your TWEETS set for PRIVATE, you will have to turn them on for the Chat so others can see UR Tweets. #musedchat #
- Tonight’s MUSEDCHAT topic is: What can we do to advocate Music Education specifically to school administrators?” #musedchat #
- Please Consider inviting your FB and Social Media Music Friends to the CHAT.. .Send a shout out now…
- A FB discussion has been started about adding a 2nd time on Monday that is more favorable to the Europe/Cent.Asia Countries. #musedchat #
- Please Join Our Facebook group for the music education chat: URL is: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=356249597920 #musedchat #
- #musedchat folks, I’m giving a final at 7:00 p.m. today so I won’t be online. A couple of houskeeping items coming though pre- 7:00 p.m. #
- #edchat PLS RT my post about Mus Ed/Tech Courses offrd this sum. for MusTeachers to your MusicEd Colleagues: http://bit.ly/9zWXQL #
- #musedchat I will be tweeting at 6:30 EST p.m. today talking about a couple of musedchat related items…please look for them… #
- RT @Zweibz7: Get ready for tonight’s #MusEdChat w/ the transcript (http://bit.ly/b9zemM) & recap (http://bit.ly/bFA2DR) of our reform chat! #
- RT @darcrunner: I am using an electric cello with effects to make it sound like multiple players (my cello “section” is one person) #
- Looks like the counts and DM are back! Maybe we’re back?!? #edchat #musedchat http://is.gd/c2WO0 #
- RT @musicedconsult:News2Use: Free back-to-school materials from NAMM now available. GR8 parent hand-outs. http://tinyurl.com/266h2fx #
- #edchat #musedchat Twitter is trying to fix an autofollow issue, looks like they disabled follow/er counts in mean-time: http://is.gd/c2WO0 #
- #musedchat folks please check out our FB page and chime in on the discussion for 2nd time on Mondays. http://is.gd/bTVyB #
- RT @DoremiGirl: Interesting mix of “Mama Songs”! RT @johnstonb: Mother’s Day Mix by NPR http://ht.ly/1IJWo #edchat #musedchat #
- Happy Mother’s Day to all. May you all have a wonderful day! #fb #ln #
- RT @katiesw1: RT @musescore: MuseScore 0.9.6 Release Candidate 1 available for Windows & Mac http://ping.fm/C6GTr #musedchat #
- Just Finished a major re-vamp of jpisano.com ~Still work to do but It’s up now. I’m pretty happy with the design. #musedchat #
- RT @techmusiced: LAST DATE FOR SUBMISSION: May 31, 2010 http://www.ti-me.org/FormGenerator/forms/2011ProposalForm.html #
- RT @techmusiced: Proposals are now being accepted for the 10th National Music Technology Conference/OMEA January 26–29, 2011 #
- So I used my iPad to give a keynote presentation yesterday (imported from PPoint). Worked Extremely Well. Loved the laser function. #edchat #
- Lose a tweet? Search for a keyword in somebody else’s Twitter Stream with Snapbird -Very Nice. http://bit.ly/csbh5M #edchat #musedchat #
- RT @funmusicco: Just finished a new page! Download over 40 Free Music Theory Worksheets http://bit.ly/cSa3Lt #musiced #mused #musedchat #
- I’ve been bugging HS, Threadsy, & TD 2 allow RSS Viewing for sometime via Tweets-Spindex is 1st I’ve found 2 do SM and RSS #edchat #
- Spindex, I’ve connected my FB, TWT, EverNote, and RSS Feeds in ONE RSS/Social Aggregator-I’ve been trying to do this for months! #edchat #
- Spindex is great! I got a beta invite today, it may be new favorite… If only TweetDeck Allowed RSS Viewing… #edchat #musedchat #
- Ok… Finally Tired…Working on major updates to jpisano.com Will be done…whenever…. :) #
- Try It, Midomi – Search for Music by Singing or Humming: http://bit.ly/aLQpin #
- Anybody successfully implementing Buddy Press as a PLN? I’m thinking about setting up a test run of it on my server…. #edchat #musedchat #
- RT @Zweibz7: What would you like to discuss in this week’s #MusEdChat (5/10/10)? http://twtpoll.com/q5z3fk #
- RT @Zweibz7: Have you read the May Music Education Blog Carnival yet? Check it out! http://bit.ly/cCrlta #musedchat #musiced #
- Great Voice Conversation with @tomwhitby today. If you haven’t already, make him part of your PLN. #
Joseph M. Pisano, Ph.D., is an industry innovator, educator, clinician and lecturer, trumpeter and conductor, and the creator of many music and education websites. He is currently the Vice President of Innovation and Engagement at Keystone Ridge Designs, Inc. After twenty-three years as a professor and administrator in higher education, he made the move into industry in 2018.
As one of the youngest full professors in Grove City’s history, he served in many capacities during his tenure including Professor of music, Director of Music and Fine Arts Technology, Technical Director of the Pew Fine Arts Center, Associate/Assistant Chair of Music and Fine Arts, Director of Jazz Studies.
He finished his tenure at the college as the Director of Bands, where he directed the college’s Symphonic Concert Band, Wind Ensemble, Marching Band, Pep Band, and various smaller ensembles. He continues to guest direct bands, consult with music programs, and adjudicate ensembles and programs today.
He has been named a TI:ME Teacher of the Year, received the JEN Jazz Educator Award, the PA Citation of Excellence, and named a “member for life” of the PA Intercollegiate Bandmasters Association. He is a past Vice President of the Technology Institute for Music Educators, an associate member of the American Bandmasters Association, a past President of the PA Intercollegiate Bandmasters Association, and a member of various education and music honoraries.
He has written for numerous publications including DCI Magazine, Teaching Music Magazine, SBO, and was the Educational Editor for In-Tune Monthly Magazine for eight years; he has contributed hundreds of articles to various publications.
He is an active conductor, trumpeter, clinician, and educator. Find out more at his website: jpisano.com.