Last Updated on
Hello all! I hope you all had a great New Year and your School Year is off and running! I will be posting a more detailed note toward the end of this week when I have more time to write, but I wanted to take a minute and let you all know that there are some exciting things coming this year…
1. The Music Education Blog Carnival will be coming back in February!
2. Mustech.net will resume its monthly podcast starting next week.
3. I am working on a number of collaborative and Web 2.0 fronts for inclusion in MusTech.Net this year that will be very exciting for all of the readers (and me!).
4. I will be posting a number of podcasts and live blogging events from my upcoming clinics this year at CBDNA/PCBMA, NJMEA, PMEA and other regional music events.
5. The Monday Morning Mix will continue to provide great information for musicians and educators each and every Monday Morning!
I am hoping to revive and integrate the ongoing Music Education Blog/Web 2.0 world and continue the online discussions that we’ve started over last four years! Stay tuned and get excited!
Joseph M. Pisano, Ph.D., is an industry innovator, educator, clinician and lecturer, trumpeter and conductor, and the creator of many music and education websites. He is currently the Vice President of Innovation and Engagement at Keystone Ridge Designs, Inc. After twenty-three years as a professor and administrator in higher education, he made the move into industry in 2018.
As one of the youngest full professors in Grove City’s history, he served in many capacities during his tenure including Professor of music, Director of Music and Fine Arts Technology, Technical Director of the Pew Fine Arts Center, Associate/Assistant Chair of Music and Fine Arts, Director of Jazz Studies.
He finished his tenure at the college as the Director of Bands, where he directed the college’s Symphonic Concert Band, Wind Ensemble, Marching Band, Pep Band, and various smaller ensembles. He continues to guest direct bands, consult with music programs, and adjudicate ensembles and programs today.
He has been named a TI:ME Teacher of the Year, received the JEN Jazz Educator Award, the PA Citation of Excellence, and named a “member for life” of the PA Intercollegiate Bandmasters Association. He is a past Vice President of the Technology Institute for Music Educators, an associate member of the American Bandmasters Association, a past President of the PA Intercollegiate Bandmasters Association, and a member of various education and music honoraries.
He has written for numerous publications including DCI Magazine, Teaching Music Magazine, SBO, and was the Educational Editor for In-Tune Monthly Magazine for eight years; he has contributed hundreds of articles to various publications.
He is an active conductor, trumpeter, clinician, and educator. Find out more at his website: jpisano.com.