Last Updated on
- Great job today Wolverine Marching Band! Great Show…I'll try to post pictures soon…Don't forget the Monday Mix at http://mustech.net #
- Visited T. Weller's Marching Band last night -great show! Getting Ready for the Marching Wolverines "Band Performance" this afternoon! #
- TGIF…One more class, two meetings, and our First BAND-GAME (football game) on Saturday…Come to GCC and see us if you're close and free! #
- The "dumbest generation"…"cult of the amateur"… Read about this in a very interesting Pew Study: http://bit.ly/ilRED #
- Finished morning auditions…All the students have been pretty good so far. Decisions will be made tonight for both groups. #
- Jazz Program Auditions Today-We have two 19-21 piece groups-both are great bands- I always feel bad that we can't take everybody trying out. #
- Great Web 2.0 bookmark site for "boxing" Information.. http://simplybox.com/ #
- Over 500 uniques for the one post so far today-the most ever on MusTech.Net for one post in a day-over 300 clicks to posted links…not bad. #
- Wow, I exceeded my bandwidth at MusTech.Net..20 Gig! I've changed it to 30 Gig…Lots of people checking my latest post: http://tr.im/xB9R #
- Working on the Monday Morning Music Mix… Remind Why I decided to do this? :) #
- Tomorrow starts 1st classes at GCC-I've completely re-vamped Music Technology 221 in hopes to make it more interactive and discussion based. #
Joseph M. Pisano, Ph.D. is an industry innovator, education clinician and lecturer, trumpeter and conductor, and the creator of many education websites. He is currently the Vice President of Innovation and Engagement at Keystone Ridge Designs, Inc. After twenty-three years as a professor and administrator at Grove City College, he made the move into industry in 2018. As one of the youngest full professors in Grove City’s history, he served in various roles over his tenure including the Technical Director of the Pew Fine Arts Center, Assistant and Associate Chairs of Music and Music and Fine Arts, Director of Music and Fine Arts Technology, Director of Jazz Studies, Stage Manager, and he finished his tenure as the Director of Bands where he directed the college’s Symphonic Concert Band, Wind Ensemble, Marching Band, Pep Bands, and various small ensembles.
He been named a TI:ME Teacher of the Year, received the JEN Jazz Educator Award, the PA Citation of Excellence, and named a “member for life” of the PA Intercollegiate Bandmasters Association. He is a past Vice President of the Technology Institute for Music Educators, an associate member of the American Bandmasters Association, a past President of the PA Intercollegiate Bandmasters Association, and a member of various education and music honoraries. He has written for numerous publications including DCI Magazine, Teaching Music Magazine, and was the Educational Editor for In-Tune Monthly Magazine for eight years; he has contributed hundreds of articles to various publications. He is an active conductor, trumpeter, clinician, and educator. Find out more at his website jpisano.com.
#biography #bio #josephmpisano #josephpisano #musiced #musiceducation #industryleader