Last Updated on
- Dr. Rick Dammers joins the blogosphere with a site that reports/analyzes music education research! Welcome! http://tr.im/xtKe #
- Band Camp Is Officially Over for the semester…Going to take a couple of days off and get ready for Classes on Monday! Lot's to do…. #
- Using my Zoom H4next to download a live recording (mp3) I made of "Proclamation" of the GCC Band for the Band Fronts… The H4n is amazing! #
- KissTunes.com a Web 2.0 Qwerty Music Keyboard…Create, Save, Share and EDIT VERY simple music online. #
- GCC band did a great job with the parade at Kennywood! 1 more day of rehearsal, pictures, and a performance on Thurs… Then school starts! #
- Rehearsal with the Wolverine Marching Band Then Parade at Kennywood today. 2-Shows learned already…. Pre-Game Tomorrow! #
- New blog post: The Monday Morning Music Mix -Education News From Al… http://bit.ly/2v7AlH #
- Working on the Monday Morning Music Mix…Will be posted early tomorrow-Band Camp was great today -almost of all of show one "in the bag"! #
Joseph M. Pisano, Ph.D. is an industry innovator, education clinician and lecturer, trumpeter and conductor, and the creator of many education websites. He is currently the Vice President of Innovation and Engagement at Keystone Ridge Designs, Inc. After twenty-three years as a professor and administrator at Grove City College, he made the move into industry in 2018. As one of the youngest full professors in Grove City’s history, he served in various roles over his tenure including the Technical Director of the Pew Fine Arts Center, Assistant and Associate Chairs of Music and Music and Fine Arts, Director of Music and Fine Arts Technology, Director of Jazz Studies, Stage Manager, and he finished his tenure as the Director of Bands where he directed the college’s Symphonic Concert Band, Wind Ensemble, Marching Band, Pep Bands, and various small ensembles.
He been named a TI:ME Teacher of the Year, received the JEN Jazz Educator Award, the PA Citation of Excellence, and named a “member for life” of the PA Intercollegiate Bandmasters Association. He is a past Vice President of the Technology Institute for Music Educators, an associate member of the American Bandmasters Association, a past President of the PA Intercollegiate Bandmasters Association, and a member of various education and music honoraries. He has written for numerous publications including DCI Magazine, Teaching Music Magazine, and was the Educational Editor for In-Tune Monthly Magazine for eight years; he has contributed hundreds of articles to various publications. He is an active conductor, trumpeter, clinician, and educator. Find out more at his website jpisano.com.
#biography #bio #josephmpisano #josephpisano #musiced #musiceducation #industryleader