Last Updated on
Well, I’ve been getting back into a little bit of a normal schedule again and have had some time to “tie” up some of the loose ends with the ME Bloggers Campaign. Here are a couple of housekeeping items:
- If you haven’t been following the latest ME Blogger informational updates, please check it out:
- I have sent out all of the FREE NAXOS account information for the ME Bloggers, if you have not received an email from me with your subscription codes, please contact me ASAP (up to 54):
- If you haven’t added mustech.net (or any other ME Blogger) to your blogroll, please consider doing so as it will spread the word about all of us.
- If you haven’t posted or commented recently, why not do so today?
- We are only 46 away from reaching our goal of 100 Music Education Bloggers! Let’s keep pushing forward!
- Get ready for the 1st annual Music Education Blogging conference… (Yep, I’m serious about this and will be putting together the details over the summer!)
- Joel (over at http://soyouwanttoteach.com) and I will be starting a Music Education blog carnival June 1st. I will be posting about this by the end of this week (Joel’s got it all down, now I have to catch up to where he is on all of this!) :)
Here’s the list of NEW ME Bloggers For May (so far!):
Susan Hurst – Music, Middle School and Web 2.0
Dr. Phil Kirkman -Music Education and Technology Blog
Ann Winze- WI Orchestra
David DeVoto – Third Division
Dr. Chris Foley – The Collaborative Piano Blog
Matthew Pelandina and Mike Lewis – The BandGuys’ blog
Joseph M. Pisano, Ph.D. is an industry innovator, education clinician and lecturer, trumpeter and conductor, and the creator of many education websites. He is currently the Vice President of Innovation and Engagement at Keystone Ridge Designs, Inc. After twenty-three years as a professor and administrator at Grove City College, he made the move into industry in 2018. As one of the youngest full professors in Grove City’s history, he served in various roles over his tenure including the Technical Director of the Pew Fine Arts Center, Assistant and Associate Chairs of Music and Music and Fine Arts, Director of Music and Fine Arts Technology, Director of Jazz Studies, Stage Manager, and he finished his tenure as the Director of Bands where he directed the college’s Symphonic Concert Band, Wind Ensemble, Marching Band, Pep Bands, and various small ensembles.
He been named a TI:ME Teacher of the Year, received the JEN Jazz Educator Award, the PA Citation of Excellence, and named a “member for life” of the PA Intercollegiate Bandmasters Association. He is a past Vice President of the Technology Institute for Music Educators, an associate member of the American Bandmasters Association, a past President of the PA Intercollegiate Bandmasters Association, and a member of various education and music honoraries. He has written for numerous publications including DCI Magazine, Teaching Music Magazine, and was the Educational Editor for In-Tune Monthly Magazine for eight years; he has contributed hundreds of articles to various publications. He is an active conductor, trumpeter, clinician, and educator. Find out more at his website jpisano.com.
#biography #bio #josephmpisano #josephpisano #musiced #musiceducation #industryleader