Last Updated on
I have been beyond busy but wanted to write a quick update to let you know a few odds and ends:
- Mustech.net is being transferred to a VPS server. This is currently in process and will take another week to sort out all of the “problems” that are arising daily with the transfer, content, and network issues.
- I will be in Hershey, PA from 17th through the 20th (This month!). I will be working Grove City’s booth. Please stop buy and bring me a coffee! :) Let’s talk!
- I will be posting a number of new bloggers early next week and mailing out the post-36 Me Bloggers’ their Naxos Codes. The response has been great!
- I am upgrading to WordPress 2.5 as part of the upgrade, so you will see some very cool new stuff soon!
- I have plenty of cool technical and music education stuff to post very soon… please standby!
- I just finished a session/presentation in Knox, PA to about 40 Music educators about the importance of knowing today’s technologies… very interesting responses, which I’ll share in an upcoming post.
- I will hope to begin posting regularly again mid-next week!
- I may podcast from Hershey, we’ll see.
Joseph M. Pisano, Ph.D. is an industry innovator, education clinician and lecturer, trumpeter and conductor, and the creator of many education websites. He is currently the Vice President of Innovation and Engagement at Keystone Ridge Designs, Inc. After twenty-three years as a professor and administrator at Grove City College, he made the move into industry in 2018. As one of the youngest full professors in Grove City’s history, he served in various roles over his tenure including the Technical Director of the Pew Fine Arts Center, Assistant and Associate Chairs of Music and Music and Fine Arts, Director of Music and Fine Arts Technology, Director of Jazz Studies, Stage Manager, and he finished his tenure as the Director of Bands where he directed the college’s Symphonic Concert Band, Wind Ensemble, Marching Band, Pep Bands, and various small ensembles.
He been named a TI:ME Teacher of the Year, received the JEN Jazz Educator Award, the PA Citation of Excellence, and named a “member for life” of the PA Intercollegiate Bandmasters Association. He is a past Vice President of the Technology Institute for Music Educators, an associate member of the American Bandmasters Association, a past President of the PA Intercollegiate Bandmasters Association, and a member of various education and music honoraries. He has written for numerous publications including DCI Magazine, Teaching Music Magazine, and was the Educational Editor for In-Tune Monthly Magazine for eight years; he has contributed hundreds of articles to various publications. He is an active conductor, trumpeter, clinician, and educator. Find out more at his website jpisano.com.
#biography #bio #josephmpisano #josephpisano #musiced #musiceducation #industryleader