Last Updated on
I’m writing this post to the new ME bloggers, but it’s relevant to any new blogger starting out. In the beginning blogging can be a little confusing, exciting, depressing, and overwhelming. Here are a 10 tips to help you get the word out about your blog among other bloggers and friends:
- Comment on other sites! This is the fastest way for you to become noticed by others in your “circle”.
- If somebody comments on your site, moderate it quickly (if so required) and comment back to the commentator as soon as you can (Why not after you moderate it?).
- Add as many sites/people with related topics or topics you think your readership (future readership?) will be interested to your BLOGROLL.
- Write a post linking to another bloggers post (make sure you include the link to the other blogger’s post in the body of your post). This will create a trackback on the other blogger’s post linking back to your site and notify the other blogger about your post.
- Write content that is interesting, informative, innovative, and newsworthy on your site.
- Set aside two days a week, one day a week, two days a month, WHATEVER, to blog on your site, read other sites, and comment on other sites. Be consistent.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help from other bloggers!
- Make sure you have an “about you” page on your site that gives your readers the chance to know you a little better
- Realize that you can’t know everything about everything and always treat other bloggers and commenters with respect.
- E-mail your current friends and colleagues about your new site. Tell everyone about it anyway you can!
There are so many “lists” like this out there, you will find hundreds of good ideas if you look. Above all have fun with this and “learn” from the experience. Start commenting today by saying hello below!
Joseph M. Pisano, Ph.D. is an industry innovator, education clinician and lecturer, trumpeter and conductor, and the creator of many education websites. He is currently the Vice President of Innovation and Engagement at Keystone Ridge Designs, Inc. After twenty-three years as a professor and administrator at Grove City College, he made the move into industry in 2018. As one of the youngest full professors in Grove City’s history, he served in various roles over his tenure including the Technical Director of the Pew Fine Arts Center, Assistant and Associate Chairs of Music and Music and Fine Arts, Director of Music and Fine Arts Technology, Director of Jazz Studies, Stage Manager, and he finished his tenure as the Director of Bands where he directed the college’s Symphonic Concert Band, Wind Ensemble, Marching Band, Pep Bands, and various small ensembles.
He been named a TI:ME Teacher of the Year, received the JEN Jazz Educator Award, the PA Citation of Excellence, and named a “member for life” of the PA Intercollegiate Bandmasters Association. He is a past Vice President of the Technology Institute for Music Educators, an associate member of the American Bandmasters Association, a past President of the PA Intercollegiate Bandmasters Association, and a member of various education and music honoraries. He has written for numerous publications including DCI Magazine, Teaching Music Magazine, and was the Educational Editor for In-Tune Monthly Magazine for eight years; he has contributed hundreds of articles to various publications. He is an active conductor, trumpeter, clinician, and educator. Find out more at his website jpisano.com.
#biography #bio #josephmpisano #josephpisano #musiced #musiceducation #industryleader