Last Updated on
Happy New Year!
2007 was a great year for me and mustech.net. I finished my dissertation, gained my Ph.D. and mustech.net reached over 150,000 visitors!
This year I plan on reaching 300,000+ visitors. If you blog, you know how very hard it is to be a blogger when you are in a NICHE market such as the readership of this site. I work very hard to provide regularly updated, useful, information. I hope this year to build a community of readers, readers that not only read the site, but actively participate with it and build a store of good information for anyone to find and read here.
2008 Resolutions for this site:
- Reach an active readership of 300,000+ in both RSS and Normal Readership.
- Have a cadre of 100 Music Education Bloggers blogging by the end of 2008, therefore building of a community of enlightened, like-minded music educators that are both innovators, sharers of knowledge, and experts in their fields.
- Better myself as both a writer and an orator.
- Continue to add useful and current features to this site.
- Begin a screencast series of useful instructions for simple educational tasks that are completed and performed with a computer.
- Continue the podcasts and start a videocast of useful educational and technological materials for this site.
- ADD 2 more associate contributors to MUSTECH.net. Are you interested, send me an email via the contact page.
- LIGHT A FIRE UNDER OUR FORUMS AND HAVE PEOPLE ACTIVELY USE THEM. My promise to you -if you post in our forums, I or someone will answer your question within 24 hours or ASAP!!! If you’ve been reading mustech.net, you know that I don’t let things slide… there is real ACTION taken here!
- Right the very first (if not first, greatest!) e-book for music educators and blogging!
- Keep the above 9 resolutions!
Best wishes to you all for a happy new year!
I will be speaking in Florida at the FMEA on Friday the 11th along with Owen Bradley. This session is not a “not to be missed” session if you are there. It’s at 2:30 p.m.
I also will be speaking in Michigan at the TI:ME 2008/MMC conference on Friday the 25th of January as well. The session is at 2:00 and is called: Syndicating your voice on the web; Blogging, RSS, Web 2.0, and Music Education. If you are planning on attending, plan to addend that session as well and we’ll talk afterwards -heck, I’ll buy YOU a cup of coffee!
Best wishes for a great New Year!
Joseph M. Pisano, Ph.D. is an industry innovator, education clinician and lecturer, trumpeter and conductor, and the creator of many education websites. He is currently the Vice President of Innovation and Engagement at Keystone Ridge Designs, Inc. After twenty-three years as a professor and administrator at Grove City College, he made the move into industry in 2018. As one of the youngest full professors in Grove City’s history, he served in various roles over his tenure including the Technical Director of the Pew Fine Arts Center, Assistant and Associate Chairs of Music and Music and Fine Arts, Director of Music and Fine Arts Technology, Director of Jazz Studies, Stage Manager, and he finished his tenure as the Director of Bands where he directed the college’s Symphonic Concert Band, Wind Ensemble, Marching Band, Pep Bands, and various small ensembles.
He been named a TI:ME Teacher of the Year, received the JEN Jazz Educator Award, the PA Citation of Excellence, and named a “member for life” of the PA Intercollegiate Bandmasters Association. He is a past Vice President of the Technology Institute for Music Educators, an associate member of the American Bandmasters Association, a past President of the PA Intercollegiate Bandmasters Association, and a member of various education and music honoraries. He has written for numerous publications including DCI Magazine, Teaching Music Magazine, and was the Educational Editor for In-Tune Monthly Magazine for eight years; he has contributed hundreds of articles to various publications. He is an active conductor, trumpeter, clinician, and educator. Find out more at his website jpisano.com.
#biography #bio #josephmpisano #josephpisano #musiced #musiceducation #industryleader