Last Updated on
Just wanted to let you know of a couple of things that are going on here at mustech.net.
- First off, if you haven’t visited our freeware section page (see above) it was updated recently.
- The forum part of mustech.net is up and active, please feel free to use it and ask questions or join our global conversation about all things music, technology, and education. In order to keep the posts relevant, I’ve enabled it so anyone can view, but you have to be logged in to post. It’s the only way to keep “junk” out of the forums.
- Some of you have emailed me that you’ve posted a comment but it didn’t post. I’ve been having problems with the Spam Filters junking legitimate comments. I think I have that fixed. If you’ve posted a comment and it has not come up please let me know.
- I am continuing to post in our “Best Music Freeware” series of posts. If you’ve missed something check here.
- Yes, we are still doing podcasts! They will start up again in January! :)
All my best,
Joseph M. Pisano, Ph.D., is an industry innovator, educator, clinician and lecturer, trumpeter and conductor, and the creator of many music and education websites. He is currently the Vice President of Innovation and Engagement at Keystone Ridge Designs, Inc. After twenty-three years as a professor and administrator in higher education, he made the move into industry in 2018.
As one of the youngest full professors in Grove City’s history, he served in many capacities during his tenure including Professor of music, Director of Music and Fine Arts Technology, Technical Director of the Pew Fine Arts Center, Associate/Assistant Chair of Music and Fine Arts, Director of Jazz Studies.
He finished his tenure at the college as the Director of Bands, where he directed the college’s Symphonic Concert Band, Wind Ensemble, Marching Band, Pep Band, and various smaller ensembles. He continues to guest direct bands, consult with music programs, and adjudicate ensembles and programs today.
He has been named a TI:ME Teacher of the Year, received the JEN Jazz Educator Award, the PA Citation of Excellence, and named a “member for life” of the PA Intercollegiate Bandmasters Association. He is a past Vice President of the Technology Institute for Music Educators, an associate member of the American Bandmasters Association, a past President of the PA Intercollegiate Bandmasters Association, and a member of various education and music honoraries.
He has written for numerous publications including DCI Magazine, Teaching Music Magazine, SBO, and was the Educational Editor for In-Tune Monthly Magazine for eight years; he has contributed hundreds of articles to various publications.
He is an active conductor, trumpeter, clinician, and educator. Find out more at his website: jpisano.com.