Last Updated on
It’s time to list the GREAT and PROLIFIC music education and technology bloggers that I follow again and here they are:
If you know of another who is championing the cause of music education and technology AND is a blogger, please comment below. I encourage you to add yourself and your blog to the comment list and if you are a blog owner add each and everyone of the people that I have listed here to your blogroll or links!
In no particular order or category:
- Jason Heath- http://doublebassblog.org
- Owen Bradley- http://digitalmusiceducator.wordpress.com
- Travis Weller- http://tjweller.wordpress.com
- Espie Estrella- http://musiced.about.com
- Evan Tobias- http://etobiasblog.musiced.net
- Debbie Cavalier- http://debbiecavalier.berkleemusicblogs.com/
- James Frankel- http://jamesfrankel.musiced.net
- Keith Mason- http://musictechforme.com (Keith you need an RSS feed!) :)
- Miikkaa Salavuo- http://weblog.siba.fi/msalavuo/
- Pete Whitfield- http://pwhitfield.edublogs.org/
- Stan Haskins- http://gluedtothestring.blogspot.com/
- Chad Criswell- http://musicedmagic.com
- Audrey Podmore- http://fullpitcher.wordpress.com/
- Joseph Pisano- http://www.mustech.net (In case you are finding this somewhere else!)
I’ve been hinting at starting a campaign to have established 100 music education bloggers active and blogging by Christmas 2008… It’s in the works. Stay tuned!
Joseph M. Pisano, Ph.D. is an industry innovator, education clinician and lecturer, trumpeter and conductor, and the creator of many education websites. He is currently the Vice President of Innovation and Engagement at Keystone Ridge Designs, Inc. After twenty-three years as a professor and administrator at Grove City College, he made the move into industry in 2018. As one of the youngest full professors in Grove City’s history, he served in various roles over his tenure including the Technical Director of the Pew Fine Arts Center, Assistant and Associate Chairs of Music and Music and Fine Arts, Director of Music and Fine Arts Technology, Director of Jazz Studies, Stage Manager, and he finished his tenure as the Director of Bands where he directed the college’s Symphonic Concert Band, Wind Ensemble, Marching Band, Pep Bands, and various small ensembles.
He been named a TI:ME Teacher of the Year, received the JEN Jazz Educator Award, the PA Citation of Excellence, and named a “member for life” of the PA Intercollegiate Bandmasters Association. He is a past Vice President of the Technology Institute for Music Educators, an associate member of the American Bandmasters Association, a past President of the PA Intercollegiate Bandmasters Association, and a member of various education and music honoraries. He has written for numerous publications including DCI Magazine, Teaching Music Magazine, and was the Educational Editor for In-Tune Monthly Magazine for eight years; he has contributed hundreds of articles to various publications. He is an active conductor, trumpeter, clinician, and educator. Find out more at his website jpisano.com.
#biography #bio #josephmpisano #josephpisano #musiced #musiceducation #industryleader