If you haven’t heard the news Apple has released it’s award winning Safari Web Browser for use on PCs. What is the world coming to? Here are the Windows requirements:
- Windows XP or Vista
- At least 256MB of RAM
- 500Mhz Pentium-class processor or better
I downloaded the 28.1 meg file in less than a minute thanks to Apple’s fast servers. Installation took about 7 minutes on my 2.5 gHz Vaio. As soon as it installed it downloaded an additional security update.
I am looking forward to testing it in the next few weeks. I’ll let you know what I find in an upcoming post.
Here are some of the features as listed at Apple’s Site:
- Blazing PerformanceSafari is the fastest web browser on any platform.
- Elegant User InterfaceSafari’s clean look lets you focus on the web — not your browser.
- Easy BookmarksOrganize your bookmarks just like you organize music in iTunes.
- Pop-up BlockingSay goodbye to annoying pop-up ads and pop-under windows.
- Inline FindSearch any text on any website with the integrated Find banner.
- Tabbed BrowsingOpen and switch between multiple web pages in a single window.
- SnapBackInstantly snap back to search results or the top level of a website.
- Forms AutoFillLet Safari complete online forms for you, automatically and securely.
- Built-in RSSRSS tells you when new content is added to your favorite sites.
- Resizable Text FieldsResize text fields on any website: Just grab the corner and drag.
- Private BrowsingKeep your online activities private with a single click.
- SecurityApple engineers designed Safari to be secure from day one.
Direct Link to Download(s):
For plugins like java, windows media player, real player and more use this link:
Is anyone using this already (on a PC)? What are your thoughts?
[tags] apple, pc, apple safari, safari, xp, vista, free, quicktime [/tags]