Everyone seems to have their own top ten list of WordPress plugins. I wrote my first article about WordPress plugins, Top 10 WordPress Plugins And Where You May Find Them, back in August of 2006. I have added many since and decided it was time to unleash my thoughts on some of the newer ones that I use and like. As of this post, all of these plugins are currently operating on my site mustech.net.
I tried to include a few, relatively uncommon plugins on this list. I am confident you will find at least one “must have” plugin in this list, if not more!
1.Comment Relish: Increases your readership and RSS subscription rate by simply sending a short ‘thank you’ relishing type message to users when they first comment on your weblog.
2. DoFollow: Disable the “nofollow” tagging for comments.
3. Enhanced Links: Allows to get better control over the links listing. This also has an option for a cool java effect expansion.
4.Genki Announcemnt: Display an announcement on your blog in front of your first post.
5. Google Sitemaps: This generator will create a sitemaps.org compliant sitemap of your WordPress blog which is supported By Google, MSN Search and YAHOO.
6. Landing Sites: When visitors is referred to your site from a search engine, they are definitely looking for something specific – often they just roughly check the page they land on and then closes the window if what they are looking for isn’t there. Why not help them by showing them related posts to their search on your blog?
7. PodPress: The podPress plugin gives you everything you need in one easy plugin to use WordPress for Podcasting.
8. Random Redirect: Allows you to create a link to an a random post in your block which will redirect anyone who clicks it in a StumbleUpon-like fashion.
9. Similar Posts: Displays a list of posts similar to the current one by comparing the way they use words.
10. WordPress Mobile: A plugin to let you post and upload files to your WordPress blog from your mobile phone. It also enables mobile phone users to view your WordPress posts, archives, comments and pages in a mobile friendly environment. Users can even reply via comments
11. Sphere Related Content: The Sphere Related Content plug-in displays an icon link at the end of your blog posts. When a reader clicks on the icon link, we find blog and media articles related to your blog posts. See it in action on over 1 billion article pages on popular blogs and media sites like the New York Times and GigaOm.
12. WP-UserOnline: Enable you to display how many users are online on your WordPress blog with detailed statistics of where they are and who there are(Members/Guests/Search Bots). Gamerz writes amazing plugins, and there are many at this link.
If you are a plugin fanatic and exhibitionist, Viper007Bond has a plugin that will show off the WordPress plugins that you have loaded into your WordPress Site on a static page.
Bonus: Almost a WordPress Plugin -but not really: Answer Tips An AnswerTips-enabled page allows your visitors to access definitions and fast facts on millions of obscure words, personalities or slang.
~J. Pisano[tags]wordpress, plugin, plugins, top ten, list, wordpress plugins [/tags]
[…] https://www.mustech.net/2007/04/a-dozen-wordpress-plugins-my-new-list/ […]
Hay,I like your posting friend and i would like to link exchange with your blog if you want.this is my blog Car Body Kit And also dont forget to come.i will happy if you come .Good bye friend
[…] to view this page for the latest plugin article on my site. I have an updated article found here:https://www.mustech.net/2007/04/a-dozen-wordpress-plugins-my-new-list/Please bookmark, promote and visit the link above for more and newer WordPress Plugins Used on this […]