Technologies That Make A More Efficient Band Director -BDWC
The items in this post are connected to my 10 Amazing Technologies clinic that I performed at the Band Directors Workshop on June 9 at Capital University. This clinic was focused on technologies that I personally use to make myself more efficient and organized as a collegiate Band Director and Music Professor.
TEN AMAZING Technologies to Make You More Efficient as a Band Director:
- SIRI (and now Cortana) –really smart phones
- HOT TIP – Don’t write down items any more –take a picture!
- Google Spreadsheet for Adjudication or anything else
- Google Forms
- Feedback through Surveys
- Flubaroo (add-on)
- Spotify Playlists
- Bluetooth Devices
- Facebook Groups for Students
- For Staff
- REMIND Texting
- PDF Protect
- Apple TV and Chromecast
- Bonus: Quizlet – make amazing quizzes complete with assessment and learning tools!
- Bonus 2: Form letters using MS WORD and Excel – the end all in e-mail communication!
Joseph M. Pisano, Ph.D. is the creator of many education websites, a lecturer, clinician, trumpeter, and conductor. He is currently the Associate Chair of Music and Director of Bands in the Calderwood School of Arts at Grove City College in PA. He been named a TI:ME Teacher of the Year, received the JEN Jazz Educator Award and the PA Citation of Excellence. He is a past Vice President of the Technology Institute for Music Educators and the current Vice-President of the PA Intercollegiate Bandmasters Association. He also writes for DCI Magazine, Teaching Music Magazine, and is the Educational Editor for In-Tune Monthly Magazine; he has contributed hundreds of articles to various publications. Find out more at his website jpisano.com.