*Picture by Mihaela (@mihaela_v) ~ Thanks!
Monday’s Music Quote: “Just don’t give up trying to do what you really want to do. Where there is love and inspiration, I don’t think you can go wrong.” ~ Ella Fitzgerald
MusTech.Net provides you with the most interesting news to follow and wake-up with on Monday Mornings. So, sit back, grab your favorite coffee or morning beverage and “TAKE FIVE”…
Hot Topics This Week:
- The next Music Education Blog Carnival is coming back, stay tuned this week at MusTech.Net!
- Music Education Weekly Twitter Chat - Monday @ 8PM EST on Twitter
- Have you joined the Music Teachers Facebook Group? –> http://www.facebook.com/groups/musicpln/
- MusTech.Net has a new initiative using Facebook!
- Check out the MusTech.Net Facebook page here: http://www.facebook.com/mustech.net (and LIKE us too!)
- Check out the #freemusicedpix initiative pictures: http://www.gramfeed.com/instagram/tags#freemusicedpix
Reading the Monday Morning Music Mix is a great way to start your work week and only takes about five minutes! So… sit back, grab your favorite coffee or morning beverage and “TAKE FIVE” with the Monday Morning Music Mix from MusTech.Net …
Standby, The Morning Music News Follows Directly:
The big music brain that knows what you like – “FORTUNE — It began with an argument. Tristan Jehan and Brian Whitman met as Ph.D. candidates at MIT’s Media Lab. Both were amateur musicians passionate about the ways technology might recommend songs based on a listener’s tastes. Both were convinced that “collaborative filtering,” a trendy means of achieving that goal, was woefully inadequate. Their disagreement? Jehan’s research focused on teaching computers to capture the sonic elements of music, while Whitman’s studied the cultural and social components. In combining the two approaches they created the Echo Nest, one of the most important digital music companies few have heard about…”
41 free resources for teaching the 12 bar blues – “The 12 bar blues has long been a favourite amongst music educators for teaching form, triads, the blues scale, cyclical chord progressions and music history..”
1.45 M Education blogs pulled offline after DMCA takedown notice - “A DMCA takedown noticed issued by publishing house Pearson resulted in approximately 1.45 million education blogs being taken offline without notice, according to the service that runs them. James Farmer, founder and CEO of Edublogs, penned a blog post last week that said its hosting company, ServerBeach, “turned off our webservers, without notice, less than 12 hours after issuing us with a DMCA email…”
Music classes in childhood may lead to changes in the brain - “Today we tell about experiments at a major university in the central United States. Northwestern University researchers are studying how music affects the human brain. Jim Tedder has the story. It doesn’t matter whether you play a guitar, a piano, a horn, or a drum. And what kind of music you play is not important. Maybe you like to play classical music like this…”
Phoenix Symphony, ASU launch music education initiative - “The Phoenix Symphony has partnered with ASU Preparatory Academy on a new education initiative, Mind Over Music, aimed at integrating music into the science, technology, engineering and math curriculum, known as STEM. Symphony president and CEO Jim Ward shared his thoughts on the initiative with families Oct. 2 at ASU Prep, where the symphony’s string ensemble presented “The Science of Sound” to illustrate how music can be used in the classroom…”
- #musedchat will be held today/tomorrow night (Monday at 8PM EDT/EST) on Twitter- Join us!
- Find out more about it here: MusicEdMajor.Net.
- Learn how to get the most from this experience here: Navigating #MusEdChat.
- Want the quick 411 on #musedchat? Click Here!
PLEASE CONSIDER THE INCREDIBLE OFFERINGS FROM OUR MUSTECH.NET SPONSORS:
- SmartMusic – Interactive music software for band, orchestra, and voice.
- SoundTree – The Music Technology one-stop-shop. They know teachers, they know technology.
- Sight Reading Factory - The innovative new way to teach and practice sight reading.
- Alfred Music – Makers of the world’s first customizable method series.
- A.P.S. MusicMaster Pro – The incredible ANY-Musician Tool for the iPad (and iPhone soon!)
Hey, we’re LOOKING for pictures of coffee (or tea) to use with the Monday Morning Mix… Send them to me via the contact form above or Tweet Me at @pisanojm – You will get full credit and a link (seriously now, what is that worth to you!?)
Don’t Forget to Submit your article for the Music Education Blog Carnival!:
Submit Now for consideration of one of your Blog posts for inclusion into the next Music Education Blog Carnival.
Join us either as a READER or SUBMITTER!
***Photo Credit unless otherwise listed: Wikimedia Commons
Do you have an article or idea for the Next Monday Morning Music Mix?
Contact us via the contact page. As always, feel free to leave any comments you might have in the comment section below.
*Hat-tips are given at times to show who or where I learned about an article listed in the Monday Morning Music Mix… Have a great week!
GET UPDATED NEWS, TIPS, AND INFORMATION ABOUT MUSIC EDUCATION AND TECHNOLOGY DAILY BY VISITNG MUSTECH.NET’S NETVIBES PAGE AND SEE WHAT SOME OF THE BEST MUSIC EDUCATION BLOGGERS AND PODCASTS ARE TALKING ABOUT EACH AND EVERY DAY: HTTP://MUSTECH.NET !