Study Music / Technology With Dr. Pisano During The Summer Of 2011!
Well, my schedule is finally clearing up and I have a “breather”, so I have a spare minute to post about some of the cool things that I will be doing over the summer that you all can be a part of too! There are three events that I will be teaching at or providing formal instruction with this summer that I’ve posted below – I invite you all to consider signing-up and joining me!
1. Online Music Technology Summer Graduate Course via Valley Forge Christian College:
- Online Course: Internet Authoring (TI:ME 2B equivalent)
- July 5th-9th (Tuesday-Saturday)
- Take it from anywhere in the world and get accredited Graduate Level Credit
- I’ve authored some of the most current and most exciting Educational Websites in the world! Learn my secrets and learn how you can do this too!
- Collaborative Documents, Wikis, media-rich Websites and blogs, and cool Web 2.0 tools!
- Prior knowledge of HTML not required
- Find out more information and Sign up here: Register now for the online Graduate Course starting on July 5th.
2. SmartMusic Clinic at my home in Grove City at the college
- On Campus Workshop/Event to learn SMART MUSIC at Grove City College in Grove City, PA!
- June 29th 9-4 PM Eastern Time
- Come and see my ridiculously cool computer lab that we use as part of our Music programs at Grove City College
- While I’ll be onsite and helping, you will learn directly from the SmartMusic Master himself: Dave Hawley
- Find out more and Sign up here: Register Now for the Smart Music Workshop on June 29th.
3. SoundTREE Summer Music Technology Workshop (Update: Sorry SOLD OUT -WOW!)
- SoundTree at MENC Headquarters in Reston, VA!
- July 18th – July 22nd
- Graduate level credit offered!
- I will be demonstrating and teaching the Finale Composition product as well as various music technology related materials
- A “Who’s Who” of Music Education Experts with SERIOUS Technology “Chops”: Me, Dr. Jim Frankel, Robin Hodson, Amy Burns, and Richard McCready!
- Find our more and Sign up here:
Register Now for the SoundTree Sumer Technology Workshop
I hope to join up with some of you this summer! Please let me know if you have any questions in the comment section below or via the contact form.
Joseph M. Pisano, Ph.D. is the creator of many education websites, a lecturer, clinician, trumpeter, and conductor. He is currently the Associate Chair of Music and Director of Bands in the Calderwood School of Arts at Grove City College in PA. He been named a TI:ME Teacher of the Year, received the JEN Jazz Educator Award and the PA Citation of Excellence. He is a past Vice President of the Technology Institute for Music Educators and the current Vice-President of the PA Intercollegiate Bandmasters Association. He also writes for DCI Magazine, Teaching Music Magazine, and is the Educational Editor for In-Tune Monthly Magazine; he has contributed hundreds of articles to various publications. Find out more at his website jpisano.com.