Upcoming 2010-11 School-Year Events Featuring Dr. Pisano
The following is a list of upcoming events that I will be attending, performing, or presenting clinics. If you are attending any of these events/sessions please let me know -I would love to meet up with you or have the chance to talk with you.
- 2nd – SoundTree Webinar: The Music Professional learning Network
- 9th – 1PM ~ Homecoming at Grove City featuring the Wolverine Marching Band!
- METOS, Music Ed. & Tech. Online Summit: Private/Professional Learning Networks for Mus. Ed. and Online Professional Development
- 4th – 8:30 p.m. Guest Directing Mercer County Jr. High School Honors Band
- 18th – 6 p.m. Guest Directing Clarion County High School Honors Band
- 10th GC Jazz and Stage Concert 8:00 p.m. Pew Fine Arts Center
Information: http://gcc.edu TBA
- 15th-18th – TBA ~ 2010 MidWest Clinic: Great Two Track Recordings – A Low Cost Solution Using a Hand-held Digital Recorder and Open-Source Software
- 20-22nd – Michigan Music Conference
20th – 4PM ~ 21stc Century Skills and Music Education – The New Relevance of Music Teachers (KEYNOTE)
21st – 9AM – Navigating Cyberspace with Noteflight
22nd – 10AM – WordPress, Professional Learning Networks and Web 2.0 for Music Educators
- 26th-28th – OMEA/TI:ME Conference
TBA – Podcasting for Public Relations, Information Exchange, and the Classroom
TBA – Professional Learning Networks and Professional Development without Boundaries
- 11th – 8PM – GC Symphonic Concert Band Pew Fine Arts Center
- 14th-16th – PMEA Conference ~ Will be hosting the GC booth and Alumni Events
- 29th 8PM -GC Symphonic Band Concert
- 20th – 1:30 p.m. – GC Jazz Band and Stage Band in Concert
There are a number of more local and regional events that I will be adding to the Press Timeline on MusTech.Net throughout the year. You can always check this here: View All Events
Joseph M. Pisano, Ph.D. is the creator of many education websites, a lecturer, clinician, trumpeter, and conductor. He is currently the Associate Chair of Music and Director of Bands in the Calderwood School of Arts at Grove City College in PA. He been named a TI:ME Teacher of the Year, received the JEN Jazz Educator Award and the PA Citation of Excellence. He is a past Vice President of the Technology Institute for Music Educators and the current Vice-President of the PA Intercollegiate Bandmasters Association. He also writes for DCI Magazine, Teaching Music Magazine, and is the Educational Editor for In-Tune Monthly Magazine; he has contributed hundreds of articles to various publications. Find out more at his website jpisano.com.