A Dozen Of The Best Web 2.0, Gadget, and Tech-related News Sites
Keeping up with the latest and greatest of tech-related news is a daunting task. Fortunately, there are some great Websites that do this task for us. The following is my “short-list” of Websites that I visit at least once a week and/or am subscribed to via RSS/Atom feeds so that I can stay “on-top” and better informed about the latest and greatest technology related news…
I’ve also include an RSS/OPML File containing the links of all of the Sites’ RSS Feeds at the end of the post, so that you can subscribe to them all at once in your favorite RSS Reader (you’re welcome!).
If you are not “sold” an a RSS Reader yet, I highly recommend trying out BlogBridge. Enjoy!
A Dozen of the Best Web 2.0, Gadget, and Tech-Related Websites for Breaking News:
(Descriptions from Websites…)
1. Mashable: Social Media news blog covering cool new websites and social networks: Facebook, Google, Twitter, MySpace and YouTube.
2. TechCrunch: Group-edited blog about technology start-ups, particularly the Web 2.0 sector.
3.Techmeme: The web’s technology news site of record, Techmeme spotlights the hottest tech stories from all around the web on a single page.
4. Slashdot: Source for technology related news with a heavy slant towards Linux and Open Source issues.
5. ReadWriteWeb: A popular weblog that provides Web Technology news, reviews and analysis, covering web apps, web technology trends, and social networking.
6. VentureBeat: News about Tech, Money, and Innovation
7. Engadget: A multilingual technology weblog and podcast about consumer electronics.
8. Wired: In-depth coverage of current and future trends in technology, and how they are shaping business, entertainment, communications, science, and politics.
9. Gizmodo: A technology weblog about consumer electronics.
10. GigaOM:Technology journalist and Business 2.0 senior writer Om Malik”s website about broadband, voice over IP, telecom and other new technologies.
12. Blorge: Technology news that entertains and informs! We cover general technology and science, Microsoft and Vista, Apple and Macintosh, iPhone and Touch…
13. (A Baker’s Dozen) All Things Digital: A Website devoted to news, analysis and opinion on technology, the Internet, and media.
GET the OPML File containing Links to All of These Sites’ RSS Feeds here:
MusTech.Net’s OPML File of the Baker’s Dozen of Web 2.0, Gadget and Tech-Related Websites
(Be sure to right-click and save as an OPML extension)
Please include some of your favorite Technology, Gadget, and Web 2.0 Sites in the comment section below.
Joseph M. Pisano, Ph.D. is the creator of many education websites, a lecturer, clinician, trumpeter, and conductor. He is currently the Associate Chair of Music and Director of Bands in the Calderwood School of Arts at Grove City College in PA. He been named a TI:ME Teacher of the Year, received the JEN Jazz Educator Award and the PA Citation of Excellence. He is a past Vice President of the Technology Institute for Music Educators and the current Vice-President of the PA Intercollegiate Bandmasters Association. He also writes for DCI Magazine, Teaching Music Magazine, and is the Educational Editor for In-Tune Monthly Magazine; he has contributed hundreds of articles to various publications. Find out more at his website jpisano.com.