Quick Update From MusTech.Net
Hello all! I hope you all had a great New Year and your School Year is off and running! I will be posting a more detailed note toward the end of this week when I have more time to write, but I wanted to take a minute and let you all know that there are some exciting things coming this year…
1. The Music Education Blog Carnival will be coming back in February!
2. Mustech.net will resume its monthly podcast starting next week.
3. I am working on a number of collaborative and Web 2.0 fronts for inclusion in MusTech.Net this year that will be very exciting for all of the readers (and me!).
4. I will be posting a number of podcasts and live blogging events from my upcoming clinics this year at CBDNA/PCBMA, NJMEA, PMEA and other regional music events.
5. The Monday Morning Mix will continue to provide great information for musicians and educators each and every Monday Morning!
I am hoping to revive and integrate the ongoing Music Education Blog/Web 2.0 world and continue the online discussions that we’ve started over last four years! Stay tuned and get excited!
Joseph M. Pisano, Ph.D. is the creator of many education websites, a lecturer, clinician, trumpeter, and conductor. He is currently the Associate Chair of Music and Director of Bands in the Calderwood School of Arts at Grove City College in PA. He been named a TI:ME Teacher of the Year, received the JEN Jazz Educator Award and the PA Citation of Excellence. He is a past Vice President of the Technology Institute for Music Educators and the current Vice-President of the PA Intercollegiate Bandmasters Association. He also writes for DCI Magazine, Teaching Music Magazine, and is the Educational Editor for In-Tune Monthly Magazine; he has contributed hundreds of articles to various publications. Find out more at his website jpisano.com.