Budding Bloggers: Tips To Help You Become Known Among Your Colleagues And Peers
I’m writing this post to the new ME bloggers, but it’s relevant to any new blogger starting out. In the beginning blogging can be a little confusing, exciting, depressing, and overwhelming. Here are a 10 tips to help you get the word out about your blog among other bloggers and friends:
- Comment on other sites! This is the fastest way for you to become noticed by others in your “circle”.
- If somebody comments on your site, moderate it quickly (if so required) and comment back to the commentator as soon as you can (Why not after you moderate it?).
- Add as many sites/people with related topics or topics you think your readership (future readership?) will be interested to your BLOGROLL.
- Write a post linking to another bloggers post (make sure you include the link to the other blogger’s post in the body of your post). This will create a trackback on the other blogger’s post linking back to your site and notify the other blogger about your post.
- Write content that is interesting, informative, innovative, and newsworthy on your site.
- Set aside two days a week, one day a week, two days a month, WHATEVER, to blog on your site, read other sites, and comment on other sites. Be consistent.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help from other bloggers!
- Make sure you have an “about you” page on your site that gives your readers the chance to know you a little better
- Realize that you can’t know everything about everything and always treat other bloggers and commenters with respect.
- E-mail your current friends and colleagues about your new site. Tell everyone about it anyway you can!
There are so many “lists” like this out there, you will find hundreds of good ideas if you look. Above all have fun with this and “learn” from the experience. Start commenting today by saying hello below!