Happy New Year 2008! Things To Come…
Happy New Year!
2007 was a great year for me and mustech.net. I finished my dissertation, gained my Ph.D. and mustech.net reached over 150,000 visitors!
This year I plan on reaching 300,000+ visitors. If you blog, you know how very hard it is to be a blogger when you are in a NICHE market such as the readership of this site. I work very hard to provide regularly updated, useful, information. I hope this year to build a community of readers, readers that not only read the site, but actively participate with it and build a store of good information for anyone to find and read here.
2008 Resolutions for this site:
- Reach an active readership of 300,000+ in both RSS and Normal Readership.
- Have a cadre of 100 Music Education Bloggers blogging by the end of 2008, therefore building of a community of enlightened, like-minded music educators that are both innovators, sharers of knowledge, and experts in their fields.
- Better myself as both a writer and an orator.
- Continue to add useful and current features to this site.
- Begin a screencast series of useful instructions for simple educational tasks that are completed and performed with a computer.
- Continue the podcasts and start a videocast of useful educational and technological materials for this site.
- ADD 2 more associate contributors to MUSTECH.net. Are you interested, send me an email via the contact page.
- LIGHT A FIRE UNDER OUR FORUMS AND HAVE PEOPLE ACTIVELY USE THEM. My promise to you -if you post in our forums, I or someone will answer your question within 24 hours or ASAP!!! If you’ve been reading mustech.net, you know that I don’t let things slide… there is real ACTION taken here!
- Right the very first (if not first, greatest!) e-book for music educators and blogging!
- Keep the above 9 resolutions!
Best wishes to you all for a happy new year!
I will be speaking in Florida at the FMEA on Friday the 11th along with Owen Bradley. This session is not a “not to be missed” session if you are there. It’s at 2:30 p.m.
I also will be speaking in Michigan at the TI:ME 2008/MMC conference on Friday the 25th of January as well. The session is at 2:00 and is called: Syndicating your voice on the web; Blogging, RSS, Web 2.0, and Music Education. If you are planning on attending, plan to addend that session as well and we’ll talk afterwards -heck, I’ll buy YOU a cup of coffee!
Best wishes for a great New Year!