Promote Your Concert Or Event Online Through Syndication: Eventful, Zvents, Upcoming And Google
Sure you can promote your event though the newspaper and local TV add channel, but have you considered a Web 2.0 solution? Enter:
All of these online web sites allow you to promote your concert or event free of charge to the pubic and can create custom RSS feeds of your events (RSS FEEDS MADE EASY!) to incorporate into your websites or syndicate as you like. Google even will add your event to the Google Maps when anyone is searching the area for things to do!
The place to find out about local events! Zvents helps you quickly find events you care about, and gives you the tools to share event information with others. You can search for things to do (just like your favorite search engine), or browse categories if you’re not sure what you want to do.
Founded in 2004, Eventful is the leading events website which enables its community of users to discover, promote, share and create events. Eventful’s community of users select from nearly 4 million events taking place in local markets throughout the world, from concerts and sports to singles events and political rallies.
People use Eventful to track and share events with their friends and community in many ways:
- import iTunes and last.fm performer lists and keep track of which favorites are coming to town
- easily export events via feeds, calendar widgets, third-party calendar services, email alerts and much more
- keep track of what’s happening at favorite venues and see where favorite performers are appearing
- weekly email event guides are completely customized based on a user’s interests, with recommended events in their city
- add events to your personal watch list and see what events your friends and groups are watching (and going to)
- add events to Eventful for free and promote events to the entire community
Upcoming is a community for discovering and sharing events. It can help you find stuff to do, discover what your friends are doing, or let you keep private events online for your own reference. If you’d like, read more about Upcoming.
Use Google Calendar to post public listings of your event and have them integrated into Google’s mapping software.
Each one has it’s pluses and minuses… I’ve used them all in the past, but I have mainly been focusing on Eventful and the Google Calendar in the past year. Once you put your items into Eventful it is easy to Share them via Google, Yahoo, and other Social Bookmarking Services.
Here is a link to one my postings on Eventful. Good luck with your event postings!
[tags] online events, submit events, eventful, zvents, upcoming, google calendar [/tags]