Pageflakes: Get Your Custom Music Education And Technology News Fast!
I thought I would share one of the web resources that I use to keep track of the many music related blogs that I follow. It’s called a pagecast and it’s from http://pageflakes.com.
You can create your own if you would like by visiting their site and signing up for a free account. The Music, Technology and Education Pagecast is brought to you courtesy of mustech.net and has a number of great blogging and RSS resources aggregated into one web location for ease of access.
Here is a screen shot of the Music, Technology and Education Pagecast:
Here are the sites I have included in the pagecast:
- Music Education Magic, Chad Criswell
- Mustech.net, Joseph Pisano
- Composing Like Mad, Travis Weller
- Catalysts and Connections, Evan Tobias
- Audio Lemon
- James Frankel, Music Technology
- Glued to the String, STan Haskins
- Making Music Matters, Audrey Podmore
- Podcasts from Mustech.net, Joseph Pisano
- Jason Heath’s Double Bass Blog
- The Digital Music Educator, Owen Bradley
- Music Education in the News (Aggregate from mustech.net)
- Miikka Salavuo
- About Music Education, Espie Estrella
- Suite 101: Music Education
- Guitar Teacher’s Lessons
I hope you like this and get some REAL use out of it. I check it everyday, it’s how I keep pace. Please let me know what you think of it.
[tags] music education, music technology, music news [/tags]
Joseph M. Pisano, Ph.D. is the creator of many education websites, a lecturer, clinician, trumpeter, and conductor. He is currently the Associate Chair of Music and Director of Bands in the Calderwood School of Arts at Grove City College in PA. He been named a TI:ME Teacher of the Year, received the JEN Jazz Educator Award and the PA Citation of Excellence. He is a past Vice President of the Technology Institute for Music Educators and the current Vice-President of the PA Intercollegiate Bandmasters Association. He also writes for DCI Magazine, Teaching Music Magazine, and is the Educational Editor for In-Tune Monthly Magazine; he has contributed hundreds of articles to various publications. Find out more at his website jpisano.com.